Today we are getting a bit of a snow around here.
Since it’s almost the end of February the timing couldn’t be more perfect - in a week or two the weather should turn warm so the snow won’t be around so long it winds up getting gray and nasty. Snow is so beautiful after it first falls, it is like the world around you gets a new coat of paint and is all the better for it.
I can enjoy the weather today too, the luxury of working from home allows for this. I don’t have to get in a car or trudge through the mess so, today’s weather just becomes a picture perfect event outside my window.
Jealous, yet?
I haven’t had as much time as I would like lately to do things like write on the blog or even take pictures for the Flickr stream for that matter. It just hasn’t happened because life has been so very busy of late...
I started this draft back on Valentine’s Day in 2007.
It seems perfect to roll it out in June though since it provides contrast.
I hate snow! I mean really, there is nothing I like about winter.
I’m writing this in June just before the summer solstice and the other day I noticed how that it was almost 9 and there was still a trace of light out, it hadn’t totally turned to night.
I LOVE THAT!
Give me green, give me warm, give me long days. I don’t care if it gets oppressively hot, I’d rather that than the cold, the grey, the dark.
It is just a reminder that I have to decamp for someplace different in the not too distant future.
No comments:
Post a Comment